This is actually taking a lot longer than I anticipated, but I think it's going to be well worth the work.
Just wanted to share the progress!
So, now that I have some time, here's a little more detailed description.
The core of the wand is a 3/4" dowel. I drilled a hole in the main round ball and put the dowel through it. I then created the moon for the front of it with clay and left a spot for a gemstone which will go on at the end. That part is epoxied to the main ball.
The top bits are sculpted from clay. I drilled a hole through the top of the dowel, through the clay and into the ball to secure the top part on. It's all epoxied together.
The crown and the decoration under the main ball were sculpted, baked, and glued into place.
The bottom decoration is sculpted directly to the dowel then secured with another dowel that goes down in the the bottom ball.
The wings were cut from balsa wood. I then drilled holes into the side of the main ball and epoxied the wings in. The handles were rough cut from plywood then I used the Dremel and sand paper to shape them. They each have a dowel pin epoxied at the top and bottom to secure them to the main structure.
The original balls on the crown were too weak so I broke them off and replaced them with wooden beads that have dowels going through them and into the main part of the crown.
I also used some joint compound to clean up the gaps and spaces around things as best I could.
I started priming already, it looks great all the same color. Can't wait to be done!
First coat of primer: [link]
I have a degree in fine art with a concentration in sculpture so this is not my first time on the 3d bicycle. You can see my old work from college in the sculpture folder on ~asteraascended